If you are looking for some more fun activities to complete over the summer holiday, have a look at the Thomas Buxton KS2 Countdown to School calendar for ideas! Don’t forget to hold on to any work you do complete so you can show your new teacher when you come back in September!
Thomas Buxton Sports’ Day – The Lockdown Games
Friday 12th June 2020
At home, your local area or in school
As you know we’re in the midst of global pandemic but that doesn’t mean we can’t have our Sports’ Day. I have put together some fun activities you can do at home, in your local area with family or in school with your teachers.
- There are 12 challenges to attempt
- A bit like Bingo, as well as the points you will gain for your challenges, you will also gain extra points for completing 1 full row of activities (single line), 2 full rows of activities (double line) and all the activities (FULL HOUSE)
- Very little equipment is needed for the challenges
- You can complete them in any order you like
- The main thing is to keep fit and have a good old laugh whilst doing it
- Points are awarded as stated on the challenges
- 10 extra points are awarded for completing a single line
- 25 extra points are awarded for completing a double line
- 50 extra points are awarded for completing a FULL HOUSE
- Please make sure you warm up before completing the challenges that you need to be physically active for
- If completing any challenges outside, make sure you follow the social distancing rules
- Make sure the space you are completing the challenges in, is appropriate and safe
Any evidence you take in the form of photos or videos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Mrs Milne or Sports Day as the subject.
At Thomas Buxton we have been talking about our favourite books.
We believe it’s really important to talk about reading and learn from others! Watch these recommendations from staff and children – which stories would you like to read?