- Reading task
Look at the front cover and blurb of Anthony Horowitz’s book. Answer the questions below. The answers will be posted next Monday.
1) Look at the front cover: make a prediction about the story by using the title and the images on the front of the book.
2) Read the blurb. What does ‘forcibly recruited’ mean?
3) What ‘mortal danger’ do you think Alex Ride could be in?
4) According to the text, what is Alex Rider’s first mission?
2. Writing task
- Write a letter from the small boy thanking the Rocketeer for his help.
- Design an enemy for the Rocketeer to defeat. Label the different defence mechanisms that it has. Explain why it is the Rocketeer’s enemy.
3. Maths Task
There are 24 children in James’ and Robbie’s class.
There are twice as many boys as girls.
One sixth of the children have red hair.
One quarter of these are girls.
Five eighths play sport at the weekend.
One third of these are girls.
One quarter of the children speak at least two languages. Half of these are girls.
Write or draw what you know about the girls in James’ and Robbie’s class. Use bar models to help you show your answer. Send us your answers and we will post next week!
4. Science Task
All you need:
- Plastic comb
- Running tap water
- Clean hair or a cotton cloth
Brush the comb through your hair 10 times or rub against a cotton cloth 10 times.
Place the comb next to the running tap.
Watch what happens to the water.
- What happens to the water?
- Why do you think this has happened?
- Will the temperature change the reaction?
- What happens if you change the size of the comb?
You can record your findings as a labelled diagram/photo or a written paragraph. Don’t forget to share!
Experiment shared from https://sciencebob.com/bend-water-with-static-electricity/
5. P4C Task
Can you ever exercise too much?
You can record your responses and share with adult permission, write your response in the comments or however you choose.
Don’t forget to exercise DAILY!
You can exercise with Joe Wicks, who will be producing daily workout videos during this period.